Friday 29 January 2016

January












Apparently last Monday was 'Blue Monday', the most depressing day of the year. 
What a load of old rubbish. Marketing ploys like that will irritate me and serve only
to further deflate those of us who find the whole month a battle.
I always look upon January as a dreary uneventful month,  I've come to the conclusion that January isn't, in fact,  the best month to implement changes. January should be the make ourselves comfy and  be gentle on ourselves month.
Resolutions are best saved until February. I'm sure the success rate would be far greater.
So that's what I've decided to do.

I'm glad these last few weeks are over to be honest. On the likeability meter, it rates pretty low. 
 No particular reason, I suppose my heart's just not really been in it. 
Mr D and I got away for a night in Brighton
 (our favourite go to place when we need to get away).
 I love everything there, and our Hotel "The Waterfront" didn't disappoint, 
looking out to sea and with the Pier not  to far  and The Lanes just around the corner 
the scene was set for a perfect weekend.
We had a few drinks and spent the evening in a bar "The Breakfast Club"listening
 to a fantastic Jazz band "Just like Fruit" the name coming from Jazz is good for you ...... 
these young guys were brilliant, and can be checked out on FB.
Sadly I woke on Saturday feeling rough .... sick I could barely stand, 
I don't think it was alcohol related more a bug, breakfast was a no no I just 
about managed a walk along the pier with the help of Mr D's arm, the food smells 
 did not help, suffice to say  I slept all the way home and for the rest of Saturday. 
I felt fragile until Monday. I then had a bit of a cold. Oh well!!!! 
I started the year with so much positive-thinking and enthusiasm that I think three weeks in, I feel a little dispirited I don't think I'm alone...
But, it's Sunday Hurrah! Next week might be awesome, right?


.







No comments:

Post a Comment