Wednesday 2 December 2015

gift wrapping xx



The "gift wrapping" has begun at our house! & I love it!....Being a true believer that the "wrapping" of a gift is as important as it's contents, makes this holiday task one of my favorites This year I want to lean toward papers that are similar to old wallpaper "vintage designs in the glorious colours I have chosen for my theme I have a huge stash that I have gathered over the year, so I have ribbons that are a bit faded or slightly off in color and pretty deconstructed jewelery which will end up giving such an interesting effect to the overall look of the wrap. And since "millinery flowers & leaves" are something I have gravitated to since childhood, their velvety leaves & organdy petals will have their starring moment  sneaking in the ribbony folds of grosgrain.....and of course at holiday time.....sprigs of berries, fresh & faux may be spotted peeking their little round faces out from under greenery & twine

To finish off these joyous packages. the "perfect tag" will be added I often make my own, by stamping unique designs & monograms on simple packing labels and usually a "dusting of glitter" adds just that last bit of sparkle that every wrapped gift deserves!....


For me, wrapping a lovely gift for someone special, is a wonderful form of self-expression. With simple papers, tidbits of ribbon & a bit of imagination, the gift you give can become something that will be delightfully appreciated  & remembered for always So on that note, join me this year, in creating the prettiest assortment of parcels ever! Make every box nestled under the tree, one that will thrill it's recipient, while all the while, filling you with the warmest holiday spirit!.....

♡:


This pretty little bag would be ideal for homemade treats, any paper bag can be decorated with ribbon, lace, pretty flowers or a brooch.




Very pretty clay ornaments decorated with #washi tape #floral #neon, these would make great gift tags:

 These clay tags are so easy to make (tut in next post) and can be used for any celebrations.

55 Perfect Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas


I love the simplicity of this wrap. 

55 Perfect Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas


This idea is perfect if you need to wrap lots of gifts on a small budget, this comes a close second favourite 

55 Perfect Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas

for me the best bit is the felt bird.....


The list is exhaustive these are just a few of my favorites, my next post will show a couple of handy tutorials.
A few tips...
Have a theme
Start collecting bits and pieces early
Sit down relax.  enjoy it
Don't rush maybe buy then wrap this means you don't have piles spread it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment